Product name: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
1. The chemical name
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC)
English name: Hydroxy propyl Methyl Cellulose (hereinafter referred
to as HPMC)
Molecular formula: C12H20O10 molecular weight: 324.2848 CAS no:
HPMC is widely used in food industry. For dairly drinking and
seasonings, HPMC can thicken stabilize and improve taste. In
addition, HPMC is also used in ice cream, bread, cake, biscuit,
instant noodle and fast paste food for product molding, taste
improvement, water retaining and tenacity strengthening. The
products with high degree of substitution have good stability for
acid and good thickening character.
1. Thickening: HPMC can produce high viscosity at low
concentration. It also acts as lubricant.
2. Water retention: HPMC is a water binder, helps increase shelf
life of food.
3. Suspending aid: HPMC acts as emulsifier and suspension
stabilizer, particularly in icings to control ice crystal size.
4. Film forming: HPMC can produce a film on the surface of fried,
eg. instant noodle and prevent absorption of excessive vegetable
5. Chemical stability: HPMC is resistant to heat, light, mold and
commonly used chemicals.
6. Physiologically inert: HPMC as a food additive has no caloric
value can not be metabolized.
HPMC Food Grade Technique index
Insoluble Substance in Water(WT%)
Loss on drying(WT%)
Residue in ignition(WT%)
Total Plate Count (CFU/G)
Yeast / Molds (CFU/G)
Viscosity(2%Water Solution,20℃) (mPas)
We can according to the customer’s requirements to production.
Paper bags or cardboard drums of 25kgs net each. 36 months under
dark, seal, cool and dry conditions.
Meet GB1904-2010 Standard.