EDDHA Fe 6%
1.Basic Product Information:
EDDHA Fe 6% contains microgranular iron chelates and is developed
for the correction and prevention of iron deficiency in a wide
range of agricultural and horticultural crops, particularly in
alkaline and calcareous soils.
(1). Chemical Analysis
|Appearance||Red Brown Powder||Red Brown Powder|
Not a DOT controlled material.
(3) . Storage & Handing
- Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse.
- Keep away from fire and heat sources.
- Oxidants should be stored separately and avoid mixing reservoir.
- Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire
- Storage areas should be equipped with appropriate materials asylum
- In 25kg kraftpaper bags / drums; per customers' requirements
- Packing with pallets
2. Situating the Problem:
All crops need iron. Iron deficiency interferes with the plant's
photosynthesis process and produces the familiar symptoms of
interveinal chlorosis - or yellowing. While all plants can be
affected, the problem is often most pronounced in perennial fruit,
glasshouse crops and ornamental crops. Without prompt treatment
this can lead to unhealthy growth, poor plant quality and a low
yield of crop. This will inevitably have a detrimental effect on
profits. The deficiency is most likely on calcareous soils in
semi-arid regions. High pH makes the natural iron content of soil
insoluble and unavailable to the plant or tree. Here the
ultimate symptoms of interveinal chlorosis and poor crop
productivity are frequently encountered. What is needed to
overcome the problem is a steady supply of iron, readily available
for root uptake.
CORRECTING THE DEFICIENCY
• Iron chelates are the only effective way of correcting iron
deficiency in alkaline soils because they are the only iron
compounds stable enough to remain in solution in these conditions.
• Chelates are complex organic molecules that are capable of
binding to iron so tightly that chemical reactions are prevented.
As a result, a supply of soluble, biologically available iron is
• The most suitable of these iron chelates for soil application is
EDDHA FE 6% - a well known iron soure to all growers.
Unfortunately, not all products described as Fe 6% EDDHA are as
effective as they are claimed to be.
• One reason for this is the very complex nature of the chelate,
which consists of a number of parts called isomers.
• Although all of the EDDHA isomers will chelate iron, one is
biologically much more efficient than the others:
the ortho-ortho isomer.
• ChoiceChem EDDHA Fe 6% had a high proportion of this isomer
providing the rapid response necessary for effective
treatment of iron deficiencies.
• In addition to the complex chemical structure a major factor in
the quality of iron chelates is solubility, essential to ensure
maximum availability to the plant.
The advantages of our EDDHA Fe
- Proven field results show greater yields and larger, healthier plants.
- Lowest cost per pound of available ortho / ortho iron.
- No messy mixing of dry powders, choice of liquid or dry.
- New concentrated suspension simplifies application; improves uniformity.
3. The chelate specialist - Your assurance of quality and Service
(1). Application Recommendations
- EDDHA Fe 6% works best when crops are not under moisture stress and
are supplied with adequate major nutrients.
- EDDHA Fe 6% is most effective when applied at crop stages where
demand for iron is most critical and when the crop is most
responsive to iron applications.
- If this product is to be applied as a liquid either on the soil or
on the foliage, it is NOT necessary to pre-mix with a small amount
of water. Instead, add this product directly into the solution tank
slowly and maintain good agitation. Agitation and stirring should
continue until the product is fully dissolved.
- As a matter of precaution, for tank-mix applications with other
agricultural inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides, it is
advisable to prepare a sample mixture of these products to ensure
good compatibility before application.
A. EEDHA Fe 6% can be applied around the plants as a powder, liquid spray, and
liquid injection or through drip irrigation systems
- When applied as a powder, it should be washed in or irrigated with
water within 4 hours of application.
- When applied as a spray onto the soil, make sure that coarse spray
nozzles are used and that adequate volume of water is used to wet
the soil thoroughly.
- When applied as a soil injection, it should be done at less than 1
B. General Rates of Application The rates recommended below represent the upper and lower limits of
the range. Actual rate to be applied depends on size of the plant
and the level of need as determined by the level of deficiency of
Apples and stone fruits
28g—140g per tree
Citrus, Avocados, Mangoes
Young tree 500g—700g per 100m2 Mature tree 200g—500g per tree
Annual maintenance 100g—150g per tree
3.7g—7.5g per meter of row in a band or as a side dressing
Tomatoes, Cotton, Legumes, other vegetables and root crops
1kg—2kg per hectare as maintenance or 2kg—5kg per hectare if
chlorotic. Apply prior to planting or when deficiency symptoms
20g—50g per bush
60g per 10m2
C. Applications on tree cropsThis product is to be applied in a wide circular band under the
full canopy of the tree,regardless of the method of application.
(2). Health and Safety
Detailed information on handling and any precautions to be observed
in the use of the product(s) described can be request from our
4. The range of EDDHA Fe 6%
Today we offers a wide range of micronutrient products including a
comprehensive range of EDDHA-fe. Each is designed to be simple to
use, extremely effective and overcome the problems associated with
other methods of treating micronutrient deficiencies.