Silicone 70 Encapsulated O-ring for High Temperature in Red Color
An encapsulated O-ring is a two-component circular seal with a
round cross section. The elastomers impart memory to the seal and
are encapsulated in a teflon jacket. The encapsulation protects the
elastomer from hostile environments.
Advantage of using Encapsulated O-Rings:
1. Ptfe/fep Encapsulated O-ring are designed to combine the sealing
properties of the rubber O Ring with the chemical
resistance of PTFE.
2. They are generally manufactured Viton rubber or silicone rubber
and are coated in a thin molded layer of Teflon FEP or PFA.
3. This provides a unique seal popular for high friction and
aggressive chemical applications. FEP FEP/PFA Encapsulated O-Rings
are our most common and are resistant to solvents and chemicals.
4. They have a low coefficient of friction and a very low
permeability to gases making them suitable for harsh environments.
5. Ptfe/fep Encapsulated O-ring also have a good elastomeric
1. Excellent chemical resistance, is suitable for almost all
chemical medium (strong oxidation, reducing solvent);
2. Good corrosion resistance ( Strong acid and alkali solvent );
3. Wide temperature range -200°C~260°C;
4. Good compression resistance ≥30%;
5. Low Coefficient of Friction (only 0.1 ~ 0.2);
6. Good resistance to dissolve (≤0.1%) ;
7. High pressure resistantance(up to 60Mpa );
8. Excellent sealing persistence , increase 500% life time.
Names: Silicone, VMQ
Both o-rings and gaskets can be made from silicone materials.
Engine and transmission oil (e.g. ASTM oil No.1)
Animal and vegetable oil and grease
Brake fluid (non-petroleum base)
Fire-resistant hydraulic fluid, HFD-R and HFD-S
High molecular weight chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons (including
flame-resistant insulators, and coolant for transformers)
Moderate water resistance
Diluted salt solutions
Ozone, aging, and weather resistant
Description: A group of elastomers, made from silicon, oxygen, and
hydrogen, Silicones are renowned for their retention of flexibility
and low compression set characteristics, within one of the widest
working temperature ranges for elastomers.
Key Use(s): Static seals in extreme temperature situations. Seals
for medical devices, compatible with FDA regulations.
Standard Compound: -85° to +400°F
Hardness (Shore A): 40 to 85
Features: Phenyl (PVMQ) based silicones can perform to -85°F. New
polymers can take short term to 600°F.
Limitations: Generally, low abrasion and tear resistance, and high
friction characteristics preclude silicones from effectively
sealing some dynamic applications. Silicones are also highly
permeable to gases and are generally not recommended for exposure
to ketones (MEK,acetone) or concentrated acids.
|Product Name||O Ring|
|Property||Low temperature resistance, Ozone resistance, Heat resistance etc|
|Samples||Free samples are available when we have inventory.|
|Payment||T/T, Paypal, Western Union|
Electronic field, Industrial machine & equipment, cylindrical
surface static sealing,flat face static sealing, vacuum flange
sealing, triangle groove application, pneumatic dynamic sealing
,Medical equipment industry, heavy machinery, excavators, etc.