High strength central heating boiler economizer ISO9001
certification manufacturer inspection covers
1. Economizers (sometimes spelled as economisers) perform a key
function in providing high overall boiler thermal efficiency by
recovering low level (i.e., low temperature) energy from the flue
gas to heat the boiler feedwater.
2. For each 40F (22C) that the flue gas is cooled by an economizer
in a conventional boiler, the overall boiler efficiency typically
increases by approximately 1%.
3. Economizers also reduce the potential of thermal shock and large
water temperature fluctuations as the feedwater enters the steam
drum or waterwalls.
H fin tubes Economizer Inspection
1. The major problem at the economizer section is low temperature
corrosion and problems from gas side deposits.
2. Sliding and leaky expansion joints at the casing may allow
accumulation of soot with severe acid attack.
3. Inspection of tubes bends by opening the inspection covers needs
to be carried out to check these.
4. Uptake area may show cracked expansion bellows sign of acid
5. General cleanliness of these areas indicates the combustion
performance in boiler.
Economizers are used externally to boilers for further heat
recovery. Economizers are found in the cooler gas zone and are fed
with water temperatures around 116oC or 185oC depending upon
whether the feed cycle includes high pressure feed heaters after
The function of Boiler Economiser
1. The Economizer in Boiler works on the principle of Heat
Transfer. Heat transfer usually takes place from high temperature
to low temperature.
In the case of Boilers, flue gases or exhaust from the boiler
outlet are at high temperature and water that needs to be preheated
is at low temperature.
2. So, this temperature difference between water and flue gases
helps to increase the feed water temperature.
3. Depending on the type of operations, design of Economisers can
be smoke tube type or water tube type.
4. In smoke tube type flue gases are inside the tubes and water is
on the shell side while in the water tube type, water is in the
tube and flue gases are on the shell side.
|Material||Alloy steel, Carbon steel, SA210C ,SA213T22, etc|
|Material standard||ASTM, EN or ISO etc.|
|Weight||Min: 10 ton|
|Smelting Process:||EF+LF + VD|
|Process||Material→Ingot → Hot/Cold-Rolling→ Heat treatment (Normalizing+
tempering) → Inspection →rough machining→UT →2nd Heat treatment
→finishing machining →Inspection|
|UT standard||ASTM A388 or EN10228, etc|